Saturday, April 26, 2014

Farewell! To Ft. Myers Beach We Go!

It is with great sadness that I write my final blog post for my loyal travelers. If you began reading my blog after my first post, I cannot thank you enough for sticking with me. This was a very exciting experience and I am happy to have shared my traveling enthusiasm with you. I hope that you have the opportunity to visit at least one of the breathtaking destinations we discovered in that last twelve weeks. With that said, let's 'sea' one more place!

Not to continue referring to my first post, but it was in that post that I had mentioned the only beaches I had ever been to. Included in that list was today's destination: Ft. Myers Beach, Florida. I am sure you are a little disappointed that we are not discovering somewhere more exotic, but Ft. Myers was my first beach experience and I am feeling a little nostalgic.

So for those of you not familiar with southwest Florida, I am sure you want to know where exactly Ft. Myers Beach is located? Ft. Myers Beach is located on on the barrier island of Ernesto Island on the Gulf of Mexico, thirty minutes from Bonita Springs and forty-five minutes from Naples.



One of the very nice parts about traveling to Ft. Myers Beach, is that the Southwest Florida International Airport is located right in Ft. Myers, making the travel time from the baggage claim to the beach less than thirty minutes. And, if you are traveling from inside the United States, no passport is needed. Could it get any better? Yes! Now let's check out the beach.

According to the Town of Ft. Myers Beach, the island of Ft. Myers Beach boasts miles of white, sandy beaches along the Gulf of Mexico, where the ocean floor gently slopes toward the horizon with no drop-offs or big waves. It is the perfect spot to spend the day and the sunsets are well-known around the world. I will have to agree with that! Ft. Myers Beach is the perfect spot to vacation with your family or to go on Spring Break with your friends.

The beach also has an impressive 560-foot pier that vacationers can walk to get a better view of the ocean. The park at the beach also features public access to restrooms, showers, picnic tables and a new playground for children.

If you are looking for somewhere to stay, do not worry. There are different options for every person and price point. There are condos that families can rent out, as well as hotels known for the Spring Break, partying lifestyle. Trip Advisor provides a nice list, as well as reviews of the many hotel options.



From personal experience, I love the atmosphere at Ft. Myers Beach. All along the beach there are many different bars, restaurants and shops to entertain you when you need to get out of the sun for a little while. You can buy a souvenir or grab some brunch, and you are sure to have a good time.

This is where my family vacationed when my brother and I were little. It has been a few years since I have gone, but the memories are so good. I hope you can make some memories of your own in Ft. Myers Beach, Florida!

Farewell! Go 'sea' the world!




No comments:

Post a Comment